About Gerontologist, Counselor and Therapist, Nancy Rhine, MS, LMFT, CPG
I am Nancy Rhine, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with advanced training in Gerontology (the study of aging). I am also a specialist in conscious aging. For more than a dozen years, I have helped elders and their adult children understand, work through and find peace with the myriad issues surrounding the aging process. I also help Baby Boomers reach a deeper understanding of what it means to age gracefully.
I serve as my clients’ knowledgeable, compassionate and safe sounding board and trusted adviser. They tell me that having a genuinely caring and nonjudgmental expert on the ins and outs of aging is tremendously valuable as they work through their challenges, opportunities and choices. I am often asked to speak on the topic of Navigating the Territory of Older Age.
I come to my clients with rich life experiences that enable me to offer a broad perspective and practical advice. I have been an Internet executive, a geriatric case manager and a hospice manager. As an Internet pioneer, I helped launch Whole Earth’s online community, Whole Earth ‘Lectronic Link (The WELL). I later co-founded Women.com, the first commercial, women-focused web site. I was later recruited by AOL to design and launch its first Women’s Channel for over 7 million female subscribers.
I have a private counseling practice with offices in San Anselmo and Mill Valley. I also serve clients throughout the United States through phone consultations.
Following is my education and licensing. For a fuller picture of my background and experience, please view my resume.
“Nancy is a compassionate, skilled and effective therapist with a strong knowledge of the challenges of aging and a sensitive ear.”
Laurel Etheridge, CMC
Etheridge Elder Care Management
Education & Licensing
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Board of Behavioral Sciences, Sacramento, CA. Current and in good standing. License # 51127.
- Credentialed Professional Gerontologist National Association for Professional Gerontologists, Los Altos, CA
- Certified EMDR Practitioner, Level I JFK University, Berkeley, CA
- Certified POLST Trainer Compassionate Care Coalition of California, Sacramento, CA
- MS, Counseling Psychology Dominican University of California, San Rafael, California. Concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy
- BA, Humanities, Concentration in Child Psychology, New College of California, San Francisco, CA
- Licensed Emergency Medical Technician Sacramento, CA
- Licensed Emergency Medical Technician Nashville, TN
- Certification – Critical Incident Stress Reduction: Group Crisis Intervention D Myers, RN, MSN, San Rafael, CA
- Certified Group Facilitator Center for Attitudinal Healing, Sausalito, CA
If you want to explore the benefits of gerontology counseling, please call me for a free 20-minute consultation at: 415-378-6577 to see if we’re a good fit. Then, we’ll set up an in-person appointment in San Anselmo or Mill Valley or by phone.